Friday 7 December 2012

A meditation




This is EXACTLY what we need right now.

Touching Scars



As I sit in morning sun, in view of nearby mountains, atop this mighty stone, my eyes are drawn downward, to moss and lichen, to stone itself. I see the layers of the rock before me, as I sit upon the rock, when it dawns on me that here in these winter woods, I sit upon a mountain top or craggy face, spilled on its side by some mighty glacier, as she carved a new face on the earth while retreating to her arctic home. I am looking on the scars of the earth and they are beautiful. In a moment of exhilaration, I touch the face of the earth, and in so doing I touch four degrees Celsius, I touch millenia, I move through time, I feel this rough place, steadily being worn smooth. All around me I hear signs of life, I feel the vibration of the earth herself and I know, deep in my heart that scars are signs of life, signs of healing, even of resurrection. Like Thomas I reach out and touch. And I am not afraid.



http://petronomore.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/touching-scars-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.