Sunday 8 March 2015

Confrontation on Lebanese television

A male guest told this female TV host to shut up - big mistake


rima karaki

7 March, 2015

This is Rima Karaki, an anchor on Lebanon’s Al-Jadeed TV.

This week she was interviewing Sunni Muslim scholar Hani al-Seba’i about reports of Christians joining Isis in the Middle East.

But when she tried to intervene as he continued a very long answer about historical precedent, he reacted badly, and the following exchange unfolded:

al-Seba’i: Listen, don’t cut me off. I will answer as I please… what kind of behaviour is this.

Karaki: Go on, but do not call me names. In this studio, I run the show.

al-Seba’i:Are you done? Shut up, so I can talk.

Karaki: Enough, let’s wrap this up.

al-Seba’i: It’s beneath me to be interviewed by you, you are a woman who… [his microphone is disconnected].

Karaki: Either there is mutual respect, or the conversation is over.

Watch the video of the exchange, shared and translated by regional media watchdog MEMRI, below:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.