Friday 14 August 2015

"Welcome to the new world of intimidation" - Continuing Saga

I have spoken with the Detective handling this case. He has asked me to remove or censor John Minto’s civil disobedience blog for public safety reasons.”
--- Martyn Bradbury

UPDATE: NZ Police request Minto blog be removed or censored
Martyn Bradbury


Police-state-stay-calm-everything-will-be-ok-we-are-here-to-help-you-600x480-600x480
14 August, 2015

I have spoken with the Detective handling this case. He has asked me to remove or censor John Minto’s civil disobedience blog for public safety reasons.

I asked under what law the Police were asking me to do this and the Detective replied no law, they were just asking me to do so.
I asked if there had been an official complaint, the Detective said no, the blog had just ‘come to their attention’. I asked if the Police regularly monitored blogs to see if they were breaking laws he said no but this one had.
The Detective again asked if I would remove or censor the blog, I told him that no I would not as the principle of free speech was one I took seriously.
The Detective said I would be contacted next week.
Talley’s is a company with a well known track record for maiming their own workers, adopting hunger to starve 5000 kids as a negotiating tactic and Union busting work conditions. The only public safety issues here are the way Talley’s treat their workers, not activists intent on resisting the cruelty Talley’s operates under.

The Police should be arresting Talley’s, not demanding I censor blogs.
Round 2 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.